Remember way back when I started this blog (a whole three months ago) and I said that I picked to blog about food because I was particularly hungry at that moment in time?
Well, guess what. I didn't bring dinner to class again, resulting in me browsing "The Pioneer Woman Cooks" and making mental notes of everything I vow to one day make. So, instead of making a mental note, I'll make an actual note. Here.
I also do realize that all of these recipes will require me to run for approximately 6.4 hours straight. Each. So, if you make them, too, we can run and lament together.
(Did I mention that I don't really run?)
Things that I would really like to be eating right now:
- Biscuits and Gravy. I've never had biscuits and gravy, and I think that I deserve some, right now.
- This delicious sandwich. It has chicken, bacon, and cheese. I'm dying.
- This other delicious sandwich. Beef. Onions. Wow.
- Bacon Cheddar Onion Biscuits. Again with the biscuits. I'm clearly not thinking about Joe and his gluten intolerance right now; he's home on Lawn-Guy-Land, he can fend for himself.
- Bacon Mac 'n Cheese. Oh. My. Gawd. I can't handle this.
Because I don't want to torture myself any further, I have also been thinking about what I will actually prepare when I get home at 8:30. It was inspired by a combo of items 2 and 3. And I know that I have it in my fridge, which makes me very excited. If I remember, I'll take pictures when I get home, but be forewarned... I very well may forget.
Dinner tonight will be...
- Turkey burger (seasoned, of course)
- Topped with caramelized onions
- And finished with melted cheddar cheese
You're lucky that the bacon at my apartment is frozen right now, or else we may really be in trouble.
Thanks for sticking with me through that hungry little rambling. The first of the Easter desserts will be posted tomorrow night... so do me a favor and keep dinner light on Wednesday!