Okay, I'll stop now. But really, they are a GOOD thing because BLACK BANANAS means...
I'm going to cut to the chase, but let me just say that if you've never had banana bread, you are missing out on a wonderful, wonderful thing. Sometimes I let my bananas go bad just so that I can make bread. Or I'll hide them when I'm home because I don't want anyone to eat them while I let them get browner and browner. I know that my dad appreciates that, because he loves banana bread as much as I do. Sorry, Dad, you can't have any this time because I'm two hours away, three by train. Don't worry, I'll make some when I'm home in two weeks.
(Can you hide the bananas now, please?)
Okay, here we go. I've been using and tweaking this recipe for many moons now, and I shall share it with all of you.
What you'll need:
How to make it:
Well... I guess a little taste never hurt anyone.
Also, this recipe works with almost any number of bananas; I've done it with anywhere from 2 to 5. If you have 6, you should probably just make two batches, which is never a bad thing, right?
We have 15-page papers on South Africa due! And gay rights movements to research! And Spring Weekend to celebrate! Errr... yeah. Homework. That's why I can't wash dishes.
I didn't think so.
Things you can do with your banana bread recipe:
- Add chocolate chips
- Add raisins
- Add Craisins
- Add marshmallows
- Add candy bars
- Add nuts
- Add berries
- Add any combination of the above
- Give it to your mom/dad/grandma/grandpa/sister/brother/aunt/uncle/boyfriend/girlfriend/best friend as a gift to make them love you more
- Keep it all for yourself, eat it all, and feel super guilty
- Eat it for breakfast after you heat it up in the microwave
- Put cream cheese on it
- Put whipped cream on it
- Put butter on it
- Put peanut butter on it
- Put Nutella on it
- Put all of the above on it
- Bake the recipe in muffin pans and have everyone put their own favorite addition in a couple of them. Or, just make tons of varieties all for yourself. I don't judge!