Friday, April 9, 2010

A Quick Summer Recipe and Reminder!

Seeing as I haven't gotten the actual recipe for my grandma's berry Jello yet (coming soon on my list in my Easter recipe recap!), here's a quick marinade idea that Joe and I tried last night:

---------------
Chili-Lime Chicken Marinade

Mix the following ingredients together:
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • 1.5 tbsp red wine vinegar
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • .5 tsp onion powder
  • .5 tsp garlic powder
  • .5 tsp paprika
  • Salt & pepper to taste
  • Optional: cayenne pepper
Pour into a bag/Tupperware container with one pound of chicken, cut into 1-inch cubes.  For best taste, marinade for at least one hour and sauté/grill until done!  Works great with grilled or sautéed veggies (we used onions and red peppers).

---------------
Also, don't forget to watch Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution tonight at 9/8c on ABC!  If you're behind (like me), catch up here on Hulu.  We'll chat more about it soon!

Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment