Monday, May 3, 2010

Everything you could ever want...

...is here.

Last week, my coworkers brought me along to their favorite deli/market, and I have fallen in love.  It's called Bread & Butter, and it literally has any food you could ever want, ever.  The website, http://www.habitstobemade.com/, was not up when I checked, so you'll just have to take my word on it.  You have your typical deli fare: sandwiches, paninis, wraps, salads, and soups.  But, you can also get things like sushi, smoothies, pizza, and burgers!  There's a full hot food bar, as well as a cold bar with fruit and vegetables, and everything is really fresh.  Seriously, I walk in and I don't know where to go.

The view from the mezzanine seating of Bread & Butter.  How can you ever make a decision?


It also doesn't help that they have a full market in the back, loaded with tons of snacks and drinks that I want to get my hands on.  Remember my love affair with Kashi bars?  It all started here.  However, I have to remind myself that I live over 150 blocks away from this market, in an entirely separate borough, and I cannot be lugging bags of groceries on a jam-packed 4 train.  It just is not going to happen.

So far I've only stuck to the traditional deli fare: paninis and salads.  But I have to say, they were DELICIOUS!  I got an Italian panini with sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella, and prosciutto (among other things) and I was in heaven.  I also got a hand-tossed salad (twice), and I picked everything that I wanted in it.

Today, I ventured back over to the panini station, and I couldn't make up my mind.  Did I want something different and new?  A unique combination of ingredients that I couldn't find anywhere else?  Was I truly going to put the "gourmet" in undergrad gourmet???

Nope.  I got a tuna melt.  Regular old tuna salad, tomato, lettuce, celery, cheese.  But let me tell you...

THAT TUNA MELT WAS THE BEST DANG TUNA MELT I HAVE EVER HAD!!

Seriously!  I was absolutely shocked when I bit into it.  What could possibly make a tuna melt this good?  I never did get to the bottom of that mystery, mainly because I was super hungry and before I knew it, the sandwich was gone.  But I will attest that if you've ever eaten a tuna melt, it was not as good as the one I had today.  Not to be mean.  But it's definitely true.

 Once I took a bite of this sandwich, I knew that I needed to share it with you.  Hence the one missing bite.


Look at all of that tuna melt-y goodness!  It was so perfect.


And, they serve every sandwich with a bread and butter pickle.  Did I mention that I love pickles?


So if you're in the area, GO TO BREAD AND BUTTER!  It's located at Park Avenue South and 29th St, so it's a short-ish walking distance from Herald Sq.  You may leave with armfuls of delicious food, but it will be so worth it.  Trust me.  But don't send me the bill.

Bread and Butter, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment